Visible weapons, or the use of the force, are required to enter in a fight. The weapons are star wars related, which offer a great range of possibilities.
The user draw the saber from their hilt, enlite it and enter in close range of their target, then they swings their saber with the LCK commands. They may block pressing the C or PageDown'' Keys. Some Combat System allow to block and swing in the same time, some don't.
Here is a typical blaster user session
- draw the weapon, from the holster or from the backof the character
- put it unsafe. To prevent unintentional shoot, the blaster is usualy hold in safe mode.
- select the right mode
- aim, passing in Mouselook (the M key)) and looking at the central screen cross.
- shoot clicking on the mouse button.
The blasters may have 3 mode of shoot.
- Single, one click, one bolt.
- "Burst", one click few bolts (typicaly 3)
- "Auto", one click unload all the remaining the ammos. This mode is usualy resitricted to
A lot of sims prohibe the auto mode, some only allow the "single". Check with the rules before entering in a fight.
Force Power Edit
This part is only about the force power usage in combat, not in general.
- healing, themselve or others
- attacking other, with push, pull, lightning
- defending the character, with shield, deflection...
- improving the character, making him run faster, jump higher
Note that healing can only work with force powers provided by the combat system maintainers (embed or extra). Usualy the defending powers are only allowed if provided by the maintainer or they could prevent the Combat System to work correctly.
The other powers may be prohibed if they're too strong or unbalanced. In everycase case, check the sim rules at the entrance.
It's more efficient to use Second Life gestures to trigger the force powers.