++ TITLE: Incident Report: Downed Imperial Star Destroyer ++
++ TO: Commander Yuri Fonzarelli ++
++ CC: Shock Cory Toonie, Shock Trevor55 Bluecoat, Shock Demonic Lock, Shock Thundercracker Bandit, Advanced Recon Commando Marcel Dowding, Captain SniperFox Mills, Captain Gruntbuddy Martinek ++
++ CONTACTS LOCATED ++
++ REPORT UPLOAD: D-Band (For Emergency Use Only!) Channel selected. ++
++ D-BAND SECURITY CLEARENCE REQUIRED: ***** ++
++ CLEARANCE GRANTED ++
++ REPORT UPLOAD IN PROGRESS... ++
++ ERROR 4437: FILE: "Bakura Damage Holovid" TOO LARGE FOR TRANSFER. ++
++ WAY-POINT: VENGEANCE TOUCHDOWN LOCATION UPLOADED ++
++ REPORT UPLOAD COMPLETE ++
++ INCOMING REPORT... ++
++ ESTABLISHING CONNECTION... ++
++ CONNECTION ESTABLISH ++
++ WARNING ENCRYPTION DETECTED ++
++ ENCRYPTION: D-BAND TRANSMISSION ++
++ SECURITY CODE: ACCEPTED ++
- [03:18] Captain of the Resurrection reports at 0318 hours a lone Freedom-Class Imperial Star Destroyer was sighted exiting hyperspace in low orbit over planet Bakura. Resurrection hailed a warning to the ship with no response.
- [03:23] Ship entered unsafe distance for unknowns over Bakura and was engaged by the Resurrection. Imperial Star Destroyer showed little signs of resistance, noted most likely auto-return fire, and sustained heavy damage. Ships engines were disabled in accordance with command: "Engaging Unknown's" Article: 224-397.
- [03:55] LAAT/I Victor-2273, LAAT/I Tango-7724, and LAAT/I Foxtrot-0973 sent to board unidentified vessel for damage assesment.
- [04:00] At 04:00 hours, target vessel's orbit began to decay greatly and the ship dove nose first into the planet. LAAT/I's were unable to achieve their goal of boarding the ship and quickly recalled. Estimated trajectory of target: Major population centre: Bakura City. Estimated time until impact is thirty minutes.
- [04:03] Commander Fonzarelli contacted on planet surface and quickly briefed on the current situation. Clone Ground-Nav-Sat detected target maintaining estimated speed and velocity. Evacuation of city commenced immediately, following Grand Army of the Republic Evacuation Code: C77O-9001, Civilian personal before Military personal.
- [04:20] Transmission received from surface, all civilian personal evacuated to landing zone "Bakura 2.0", military personal now proceeding with evacuation following Grand Army of the Republic Outpost Evacuation Code: B29377-4229, all high ranking personal are to be moved before lower ranked personal.
- [04:32] Target has impacted the surface of Bakura, structural damage as we can see is minimal. Review attachment (Bakura Damage Holovid) for visual confirmation. You'll note that several main structures along the Western side of the city into the centre have been smashed, we estimate the ship hit nose first, broke 1/4th down her hull, and the stern smashed down, oddly resulting in only 20% of the city being damaged. You can also tell from the Holovid that the structures, Medical Bay and 501st Security Substation Victor-Gamma03, were the only things hit within the centre of town, including the shops around the medical centre. A small reconnaissance satellite has been deployed to give better readings, Venator's Hopeful and Vengeance have been routed to key locations. Hopeful is assigned to tracking for more surprises, and Vengeance is taking our place at a low orbit over the disaster site and deploying search and rescue forces to confirm the damage, confirm dead, and check for possible survivors. Resurrection is rerouteing to incredibly low orbit over location "Bakura 2.0" and beginning supply runs down to ensure that civilian and military forces planet side are properly supplied. Orbit confirmed at 3000M above the planet's surface.
++ WARNING DATA CORRUPTION DETECTED ++
++ FILE NAME: "Bakura Damage Holovid" CORRUPTED ++
++ CORRUPTION SOURCE: "UNKNOWN" ++
++ FILE: "Bakura Damage Holovid" DELETED ++
- [04:37] All ships in location, connection with Commander Fonzarelli re-established, and numbers accounted for. Reports from Vengeance report 25 Clones dead thus far, and 50 more wounded, being transported to home ship for medical support. Hopeful reports nothing new. Next update at 0500 hours.
- [05:00] Updating log as mandated, nothing new reported. Next log at 0600 hours.
- [05:20] Reports from our satellite detected an increase in reactor energy board the unknown ship. The impact caused an unstable reaction aboard the ship and was unable to be detected via ship scanners due to the reactor's energy, Ion energy. Estimated reactor level is at 95%, overload estimated at 110%. Estimated blast radius of reactor overload is in the area of 5 miles from source, 10 miles short of nearest massive population area "Bakura 2.0". Reactor energy increasing at a rate of 10.5%/30 seconds. Time until reactor overload: 30 seconds.
- [05:20] Reactor in ship has gone critical and exploded, satellite kept updates only momentarily before being hit by airborne debris. Reports from Vengeance are even worse. As you'll find out now...
++ BUFFERING AUDIO PROJECTORS ++
++ BUFFERING: 0.00% ++
++ BUFFERING: 50.99% ++
++ BUFFERING: 99.99% ++
++ BUFFERING: COMPLETE ++
- Static and collision alarms start blaring...
- "This is the Captain of the Vengeance, explosion from target's reactor has sent up large amounts of debris. We weren't expecting any to achieve escape velocity, Vengeance has sustained damage to a few vital systems, namely engines, lower hanger bays, and port side hangers. We're slowly loosing altitude, and are going to set down on the planet surface to begin emergency repairs. Location attached to log. Requesting assistance from any Republic forces immediately, 50% ship board personal casualties reported, 100% ground side personal casualties reported as well. Captain out."
- ...transmission cuts.
++ WAY-POINT ATTACHED ++
++ UPLOADING WAY-POINT NOW ++
++ WAY-POINT LOCATION SET: Latitude: -473 Longitude: 57 ++
- [05:30] "We've sent out a few crews to the way-point provided by the captain of Vengeance to aid them, but with us aiding forces already we can't spare much more without harming battle readiness. I've asked the captain of Hopeful to relocate and assist them, he's agreed to it and has moved out now. ARC-170 Squadrons deployed to ground zero to report, expected time until they return is at 30 minutes. Full scans have been demanded of the situation."
- [06:00] "ARC-170 Squadrons have returned with information, Bakura City was completely annihilated by the ship's explosion. Debris from both the ship and the city spotted within a 5 mile radius of the blast range, a 15 mile crater now stands where the city once was. Report is being compiled and sent to Commander Fonzarelli, and head of Republic HazMat teams. Area is declared unsafe for anyone until HazMat teams arrive and confirm otherwise. See logs from Hopeful and Vengeance for full report of the entire incident. Captain out."
++ TRANSMISSION COMPLETE ++