General Information Edit
Common Law Edit
These are general Crimes that are Illegal in the republic on EVERY Member world. These are known as Common Laws. They are almost all-encompassing. Bail, if applicable is half the cost of the fine. All criminals are subject to RP by the faction in which captures them. If 12 hours go by with no RP you may leave, less Sim rules state otherwise. Capture is always Consensual and will never be enforced on anyone's character. Capture may be forgone if terms are reached between the parties involved. Beyond the fines, other system policies may be tact on.
- Capital Offenses: [72 hours jail time, No Bail]
- Terrorist Attack or Use of high grade Illegal Weaponry: Fine 1,000,000 Credits
- Theft or Destruction of Republic Property: Fine 500,000 Credits
- Homicide/Manslaughter & Vehicular Manslaughter: Fine 100,000 Credits
- Aggravated Battery or Assault against a Civil Servant (Any crime in which a firearm or knife is brandished towards or used against a worlds security officer, injury or non. This includes severe or extended battery without a weapon as well.): Fine: 50,000 Credits
- Aggravated Sexual Assault/Rape (Severe bodily harm to the victim): Fine: 50,000 Credits
- Attempted Homicide: (MUST BE A CLEAR ATTEMPT TO END SOMEONES LIFE, NOT JUST SEVERE BODILY HARM) Fine 50,000 Credits
- Felony 1 Offenses: (32 hours, bail can be posted after 16 hours)
- Aggravated Battery With a Firearm: Fine: 7,500 Credits
- Assault with a Firearm/Weapon: Fine: 6,000 Credits
- Simple Battery or Assault to a Civil Servant (No weapons involved, no severe injuries): Fine: 10,000 Credits
- Sexual Assault/Rape: Fine: 25,000 Credits
- Slavery (owning/trading): Fine: 40,000 Credits
- Felony 2 Offenses: (24 hours, bail can be posted after 12 hours)
- Aggravated Battery: (Any weapons except a firearm with severe injury to victim.) Fine: 4,000 Credits
- Armed Robbery: Fine: 3,000 Credits
- Aggravated Kidnapping: Fine: 5,000 Credits
- Narcotics Trafficking: (Possession of over one Kilo of any controlled substance by weight) Fine: 6,000 Credits
- Firearms Trafficking: (Sale of illegal firearms.) Fine: 3,000 Credits
- Extortion: Fine: 3,000 Credits
- Misdemeanor Offenses: (12 hours, bail can be posted after 6)
- Battery (No weapon involved with injury to victim): Fine: 1,000 Credits
- Kidnapping: Fine: 1,000 Credits
- Fleeing from Civil Servants: Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Possession of illegal firearm. (Firearm will be confiscated.): Fine: 3,000 Credits
- Burglary (Unlawful entry to a building or vehicle with criminal intent.): Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Robbery: Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Possession of Controlled Substance With Intent to Distribute: (Packaged for sale): Fine: 4,000 Credits
- Assault With a Deadly Weapon (Threat with any weapon that could be used to kill someone. No physical contact made.): Fine: 2,500 Credits
- Criminal Obstruction of Justice: Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Reckless Racing: (Racing Resulting in Damage to property): Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Criminal Damage to Property: Fine: 1,000 Credits
- Bribery: Fine: 5,000 Credits
- Resisting Arrest: Fine: 2,000 Credits
- Summary Offenses: Summary offenses are slight infractions of the law. All summary offenses carry a 1,000 Credit fine. (Jail time is 3 hours)
- Simple Battery (Physical contact is made, but not enough bodily harm to need medical treatment, no weapon involved.)
- Assault (Threat of body harm with no action.)
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Personal use amounts)
- Vandalism (Damage to property that can be easily cleaned up or removed. i.e. graffiti, egging, etc.)
- Unauthorized Swoop Racing
- Fleeing from the scene of a crime
- Petty Theft
- Disturbing the Peace
- Obstructing Justice (Any form of preventing the duties of a police officer)
- Disorderly Conduct
- Lewd or Immoral Conduct
- Trespassing (Unlawful entry to private property or vehicle. No obvious criminal intent, no damage to property)
The Galactic Constitution Edit
Section 1: Rights of Sentience Edit
- All sentient creatures shall be viewed upon equally and treated as such.
- Slavery is formally outlawed on all Member Worlds and their territories thereof.
- All member Planets and the citizens thereof are entitled to the rights granted in this Seventh Constitution as follows:
- Protection from Undue Hardship
- Right to equal suffrage.
Section 2: Right to Sovereignty Edit
- Each Member World Government retains the right to Govern it Planet and/or Territory as it deems suitable so long as such governance, and the laws thereof, do not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Constitution.
- Each Member World Home Government retains the right to create, ratify and disband Acts, Bills, Rights and other Laws in relation to that planet or territory as it deems suitable so long as doing so does not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- Each member world retains the right to its own judiciary system so long as such judiciary actions do not conflict the Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- Each member world retains the right to contract with any other party as it sees fit so long as doing so does not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- Peacekeeping Forces and Registered Jedi Organisations and the individuals therein shall ahdere to all relevant sections of this Galactic Constitution, Common Law and the Sovereign Laws of each Member World and Territory thereof, except where such Sovreign Laws conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
Section 3: Right to Common Law Edit
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof shall enjoy the right of the Common Law of the Republic overriding the Soverign Laws of member worlds and Judiciary Process where such would conflict with Republic Law, Common Law, or the Galactic Constitution.
Section 4: Right of Free Speech and Expression Edit
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof shall enjoy the right to speak freely and to express themselves in the manner of a free citizen so long as such speech or expression does not conflict with Common Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- This right shall be enjoyed beyond the legislations of Republic Law
- This right shall be enjoyed beyond the legislation of Sovereign Laws of member worlds and territories.
- Each Member World and its citizens enjoy the right to openly criticize its fellows, peers, neighbours, government, Monarchy or any other ruling organization without fear of reprisal, revenge, retribution or any punitive action so long as such criticism does not violate Common Law or This Galactic Constitution.
Section 5: Right of Freedom of Belief and Religion Edit
- All religions, beliefs, creeds, cults and other religious organisations shall be respected, viewed as equal and treated as such.
- No individual, group, organization, majority, minority, creed, religion, belief or philosophy shall be treated with prejudice, hostility or any manner of unfairness.
Section 6: Right to Free Trade And Business Edit
- Each Member Worlds and the citizens thereof enjoy a right to Trade Freely so long as the articles of Trade are not in violation of Sovereign Law, Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof enjoy the right to conduct and operate Business as they see fit, so long as such Businesses and Corporations in no way violate the Sovereign Law, Common Law, Republic Law or Galactic Constitution.
Section 6: Right to Fair Representation Edit
- All Representatives and Staff of the Republic shall be viewed as equal in authority and as per Section 1 of this Galactic Constitution and enjoy equal influence thereof.
- All Individuals Groups, Organisations, Religions, Majorities and Minorities, Businesses and Charities shall enjoy equal influence over the Representatives and Combined Staff of the Republic.
- No individual, group, organisation, religion, majority or minority shall attempt to pervert, direct, manipulate or in any way influence the decisions, powers and authority of the Republic, its Representatives and combined staff.
Section 7: Right to Executive Power Edit
- The Chancellor shall retain the right to exercise final authority concerning all matters that conflict with Common Law, Republic Law and this Galactic Constitution without support or consent from the Representatives and Combined Staff of the Republic.
- The Chancellor retains the right to expel any Member World, or Worlds and/or their territories for violation of Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- The Chancellor retains the right to expel any Representative or any member of the Senate Staff for any violation of Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic constitution.
- The Chancellor retains the right to make a declaration of war against a known enemy or against a clear and present danger so long as it is done so with the full agreement of the threatened, injured, damaged, or endangered party or Member World.
Section 8: Legislature Edit
- No organism, inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena or inorganic apparatus may amend, ratify, introduce, disband or in any way interfere with any aspect of the Galactic Constitution or CommoN Laws without full consent of the Republic majority vote.
- No organism. inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena or inorganic apparatus may adopt, create, ratify, introduce, disband or in any way legislate any Common Law or Section/Subsection of this Galactic Constitution punitively against any member or non-member World, Territory, organism (and above so named), religion or organisation.
Section 9: Right to Sanctuary and Asylum Edit
- The Republic reserves the right to grant Asylum or Sanctuary to any Organism , inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena so seeking thereof So long as no Sovereign Law, Republic Law Common Law, or the Galactic Constitution has not been violated.
- The Chancellor of the Republic reserves the right to overrule the above subsection where Sovereign Law, Common Law or Galactic Constitution may be violated by granting the above subsection.
Section 10: Right to Aid Edit
- Every Member World, its territories and the Citizens thereof enjoy the Right to be granted Aid in times of undue hardship as follows:
- Every Member World and its Territories has a duty to assist fellow Member Worlds and their Territories so long as such assistance does not Conflict with Sovreign Laws of said Member World or its Territories, Common Law or this Galactic Constitution in times of undue hardship.