Chancellor Bok Suthra's speech on the formation of the RepublicEdit
Standing before the holocam is a middle aged war hero of Dac. The Mon Calamrian's attire now that of a politician, blaster rifle turned in for a datapad but the warrior stare never leaves the eyes once it's affixed.
To the galaxy I bid you greetings. I am interim Chancellor Bok Suthra. As most of you know the last war between the Empire and Republic left both factions crippled.. The Republic fell into chaos as an outbreak of petty vindictiveness and competition drove the Senate into uselessness. The Senate became a song and dance, a popularity contest spurned on by Imperial sabotage and media agendas. That Republic is dead, collapsed and folded but it needed to happen so that a stronger Republic could rise in it's place. Somewhere a long the line we lost sight that the Senate was there to serve the people, to protect civilization, to ensure the rights of all sentient species, to prevent the rise of tyrant's and to promote fair trade, relief aid and security. These things became secondary to self image, lined pockets and pat's on the back... no more. It's time we care less about pandering to the media, pandering to every critic and believing we have some obligation to treat the Sith as an alternative religion. This bantha fodder was brought to you by Sith agent's in the Senate, in the media and other posts of influence.. The Sith as they always have been are an enemy to the ideals the Republic has always tried to uphold. We're done catering to them and all those who have their pants on their heads preaching about how it's fine and dandy to live in a way that preaches the domination, enslavement and desecration of all those around you as if they where insects.
As you can see I am a Mon Calamari. We know a few things about struggling against tyranny.. Since the Battle of Yavin some two hundred and fifty years ago we had been invaded by Imperial forces repetitively... countless lives lost, cities destroyed. Then we suffered again under Krayt and his successors.. Those Sith wanted to completely annihilate us and drive us to extinction, destroy our will's, our culture, our history… They even poisoned our planet and wiped out over twenty billion Mon Calmari, Querran, Whaladons, and Moappa.. Yet here I stand.. One of Dac's greatest hero's once said "We forced the Empire off our world once. They fought with blasters and fighters, destroying cities at will. We fought with whatever we had - kitchen utensils, industrial tools, our bare hands... We won that time."
Perseverance my friends, no matter what the odds you must hold true to your ideals... to doing what you know is right, to being willing to make self-sacrifices for the good of others. Stop wearing blinders and swimming in ignorance and fear with proclamations that the tyrant‘s should be left without checks and balances to do as they please because you don‘t know they intend any harm till twenty billion of your friends, your family and comrades lay dead. It does not need to be complicated and have each fine point debated until oblivion when you see the dead with your own eyes. Don't do the popular thing, the politically correct thing, do the right thing and make a stand. You may end up without a credit to your name, you my end up without a breath left in your body but your honor and legacy will forever stand tall.
We will not make the mistake of the prior Republic in being a Senate with some other barely functional parts.. The foundation must be built first, the Republic Armed Forces will be established, departments of health, science, education, trade.. We will be capable of offering medical relief to those in need, we will be capable of rendering defence to those being tyrannized. Our words will be supported by our actions and our Senate will be capable of making expedient and informed decisions to best utilize what resources we have. We have been secretly rebuilding our forces for some time now but we need your help, whether you can help us by curing illness, by building housing for those in need, or by making the sacrifice to join our military forces we are in need and are grateful to those who will aid our cause. We are a fledgling Republic careful not to just add planet's for the sake of numbers, I believe some may have even called us elitist for taking care that those we invite share the same ideals and determination we do to ensure this Republic can hopefully have long and stable life. There has been a void since the last war between the Empire and Republic* and many who would abuse others have risen in this vacuum, criminals and Sith a like have tried to fill this void and seize control where they can, this is a message to you as well whether you sit on a throne in Sith Space or in the backroom of an underworld club.., if you profit at the expense of others, if you abuse your power, if you subjugate the innocent or expose them to needless harm, we will not stand idly by.. Whether you agree or disagree with what I've said here today, I thank you for hearing me out.
The Seventh Galactic ConstitutionEdit
Section 1: Rights of SentienceEdit
- All sentient creatures shall be viewed upon equally and treated as such.
- Slavery is formally outlawed on all Member Worlds and their territories thereof.
- All member Planets and the citizens thereof are entitled to the rights granted in this Seventh Constitution as follows:
- Protection from Undue Hardship
- Right to equal suffrage.
Section 2: Right to SovereigntyEdit
- Each Member World Government retains the right to Govern it Planet and/or Territory as it deems suitable so long as such governance, and the laws thereof, do not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Constitution.
- Each Member World Home Government retains the right to create, ratify and disband Acts, Bills, Rights and other Laws in relation to that planet or territory as it deems suitable so long as doing so does not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- Each member world retains the right to its own judiciary system so long as such judiciary actions do not conflict the Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- Each member world retains the right to contract with any other party as it sees fit so long as doing so does not conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- Peacekeeping Forces and Registered Jedi Organisations and the individuals therein shall ahdere to all relevant sections of this Galactic Constitution, Common Law and the Sovereign Laws of each Member World and Territory thereof, except where such Sovreign Laws conflict with Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic Constitution.
Section 3: Right to Common LawEdit
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof shall enjoy the right of the Common Law of the Republic overriding the Soverign Laws of member worlds and Judiciary Process where such would conflict with Republic Law, Common Law, or the Galactic Constitution.
Section 4: Right of Free Speech and ExpressionEdit
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof shall enjoy the right to speak freely and to express themselves in the manner of a free citizen so long as such speech or expression does not conflict with Common Law or this Galactic Constitution.
- This right shall be enjoyed beyond the legislations of Republic Law
- This right shall be enjoyed beyond the legislation of Sovereign Laws of member worlds and territories.
- Each Member World and its citizens enjoy the right to openly criticize its fellows, peers, neighbours, government, Monarchy or any other ruling organization without fear of reprisal, revenge, retribution or any punitive action so long as such criticism does not violate Common Law or This Galactic Constitution.
Section 5: Right of Freedom of Belief and ReligionEdit
- All religions, beliefs, creeds, cults and other religious organisations shall be respected, viewed as equal and treated as such.
- No individual, group, organization, majority, minority, creed, religion, belief or philosophy shall be treated with prejudice, hostility or any manner of unfairness.
Section 6: Right to Free Trade And BusinessEdit
- Each Member Worlds and the citizens thereof enjoy a right to Trade Freely so long as the articles of Trade are not in violation of Sovereign Law, Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- Each Member World and its citizens thereof enjoy the right to conduct and operate Business as they see fit, so long as such Businesses and Corporations in no way violate the Sovereign Law, Common Law, Republic Law or Galactic Constitution.
Section 6: Right to Fair RepresentationEdit
- All Representatives and Staff of the Republic shall be viewed as equal in authority and as per Section 1 of this Galactic Constitution and enjoy equal influence thereof.
- All Individuals Groups, Organisations, Religions, Majorities and Minorities, Businesses and Charities shall enjoy equal influence over the Representatives and Combined Staff of the Republic.
- No individual, group, organisation, religion, majority or minority shall attempt to pervert, direct, manipulate or in any way influence the decisions, powers and authority of the Republic, its Representatives and combined staff.
Section 7: Right to Executive PowerEdit
- The Chancellor shall retain the right to exercise final authority concerning all matters that conflict with Common Law, Republic Law and this Galactic Constitution without support or consent from the Representatives and Combined Staff of the Republic.
- The Chancellor retains the right to expel any Member World, or Worlds and/or their territories for violation of Common Law, Republic Law or the Galactic Constitution.
- The Chancellor retains the right to expel any Representative or any member of the Senate Staff for any violation of Common Law, Republic Law or this Galactic constitution.
- The Chancellor retains the right to make a declaration of war against a known enemy or against a clear and present danger so long as it is done so with the full agreement of the threatened, injured, damaged, or endangered party or Member World.
Section 8: LegislatureEdit
- No organism, inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena or inorganic apparatus may amend, ratify, introduce, disband or in any way interfere with any aspect of the Galactic Constitution or CommoN Laws without full consent of the Republic majority vote.
- No organism. inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena or inorganic apparatus may adopt, create, ratify, introduce, disband or in any way legislate any Common Law or Section/Subsection of this Galactic Constitution punitively against any member or non-member World, Territory, organism (and above so named), religion or organisation.
Section 9: Right to Sanctuary and AsylumEdit
- The Republic reserves the right to grant Asylum or Sanctuary to any Organism , inorganic sentient, entity, phenomena so seeking thereof So long as no Sovereign Law, Republic Law Common Law, or the Galactic Constitution has not been violated.
- The Chancellor of the Republic reserves the right to overrule the above subsection where Sovereign Law, Common Law or Galactic Constitution may be violated by granting the above subsection.
Section 10: Right to AidEdit
- Every Member World, its territories and the Citizens thereof enjoy the Right to be granted Aid in times of undue hardship as follows:
- Every Member World and its Territories has a duty to assist fellow Member Worlds and their Territories so long as such assistance does not Conflict with Sovreign Laws of said Member World or its Territories, Common Law or this Galactic Constitution in times of undue hardship.